Grant Application Guidelines
1. Grant money to assist charitable or civic organizations with funding necessary for projects
which include community partners or enhance community partnership development through
health related and health education initiatives.
2. Priority will be given to programs and projects that are in compliance with the current goals and health initiatives of the North Carolina Medical Society Alliance (NCMSA).
3. The project must be completed within one year of receiving the grant. An evaluation must be submitted to NCMSA within sixty days after completion. Additional information may be requested from the grantee to determine the status of the program or project.
4. Grants from the NCMSA are intended to be “seed money” for programs and projects. They are not to be used for any of the following purposes:
5. Grants will be made dependent upon the availability of funds. The grantee must match 25% of grants totaling $500.00 or less. (An exception may be made for county Alliances applying for grant funding for the first time or for county Alliances in the process of reorganizing.) Grants over $500 must be matched 100% by the grantee. The grantee must identify the source and amount of other donations, including in-kind donations, in the proposed budget for the project.
6. Applicants must include the endorsement of a NCMSA member in good standing. The same project may not be resubmitted for two (2) consecutive years.
7. The NCMSA Executive Committee (consisting of President, President-elect, Secretary, Treasurer and Immediate Past President) will review all grant applications. Written notification will be sent after a full review of the grant request.
8. Grant cycles are June 1 – November 30 and December 1 – February 28. If funds are available, grant requests can be considered throughout the year. Grants over $500 must be approved by the NCMSA Board of Directors.
9. The NCMSA must be recognized in appropriate publications where other donors or sponsors are recognized. Every attempt should be made to include NCMSA in social media outreach, promotional activities and marketing materials.